This is our weekly update of news and union stories from around the world.
Watch the video:
Or listen to the podcast:
News stories this week:
- Riot police have stormed Elliniki Halyvourgia, the Greek steel plant that has been on strike for 9 months
- A new wave of strikes is sweeping across Egypt – the revolution is “unfinished business” for workers. See out SnipIt collection
- We’ve been in discussion with unions in Italy and Brazil – read a quick history of Brazilian unions here
- Spain is the next country to watch as the same policies that failed Greece are introduced there
- Follow the international campaign to boycott Hyatt Hotels, because #HyattHurts by exploiting workers, especially immigrants and women
- The austerity that is causing so much suffering around the world isn’t necessary: the rich have hidden $21 trillion in secret tax havens, enough to solve the Eurozone crisis and much more. See this Guardian article too, and follow our SnipIt collection on economic analysis
- Join our web conference with Professor Steve Keen of the University of Western Sydney and author of Debunking Economics – this Sunday night at 10pm GMT
How to subscribe
If you don’t use iTunes, copy this feed address into the program you use for podcasts: http://feeds.feedburner.com/USiPodcast
On a Mac, iPhone, iPod or iPad
Subscribe through iTunes.
On a BlackBerry
Visit this page with your BlackBerry and click on the link above. Or, openMedia > Podcasts > Add podcast channel and manually type in feeds.feedburner.com/USiPodcast. Podcasts will download automatically and you can listen to them when you are ready.
On an Android phone or tablet
Download a podcast app from the Android market or Google Play store. Popular apps include: MyPOD, BeyondPod, DoggCatcher and Google Listen. Open the app and add the feed address: http://feeds.feedburner.com/USiPodcast. Alternately, visit this page and click on the link.
On a Windows phone
Visit Marketplace > Podcasts and add the podcast feed: http://feeds.feedburner.com/USiPodcast
On a PC
Happy listening and please give us feedback!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.