Is G4S the worst company in the world?
Whether it’s supporting Israeli apartheid, killing asylum seekers, failing in its obligations at the Olympics, or illegally detaining South African prisoners, G4S is the future of outsourced security.
We’ll be using this page to turn the focus on this global security giant, and to support the campaign to Stop G4S.
Part of the ancient Teotihuacán site, pictured right, is now underneath a Walmart, after Walmart bribed local officials. Walmart destroys Mexico’s cultural heritage for profit.
Walmart is the biggest private sector employer in the world. Whether they’re undermining wages or building stores on ancient archaeological sites, let’s keep an eye on them.
Bangladeshi garment workers’ union leader Aminul Islam was tortured and murdered in April this year. Support the campaign to bring his killers to justice.
More than 1,000 workers died – and the lives of their families ripped apart - when a factory making clothes for Primark, Matalan and Mango collapsed. Demand that these UK high street retailers take responsibility for their supply chains.
There are four things you can do right now:
The Tazreen Fashion fire in Bangladesh killed 112 workers in November last year. Some brands have compensated family members for their loss, but Walmart and Disney refuse.
- Protests in Turkey and Brazil, the UK banks, and land rights in South Africa
- Protests in Brazil and ERT in Greece
- Charlie Donnelly of the National Union of Workers on union issues in Australia
- The Fallout from Prism and General Strike in Turkey
- Wage theft, zero hour contracts, unpaid internships and Eurozone unemployment
- G8 in Northern Ireland and the RBS privatisation – 13 June 2013
- Attacks on the media in Greece and Turkey, wage restraint in the UK
- A shout-out to our friends in the NSA!
- USi update 29 May 2013 wage rises in Germany, Monsanto, and anti-mafia campaigns in Sicily
- Podcast: Corporate Ghosts