UCATT is demanding that the Olympic Delivery Authority are not allowed to sweep blacklisting at the Olympics under the carpet. The union made the demand after Dennis Hone the Chief Executive of the ODA told the London Assembly on Wednesday that there w …

postcreative

UCATT is demanding that the Olympic Delivery Authority are not allowed to sweep blacklisting at the Olympics under the carpet.

The union made the demand after Dennis Hone the Chief Executive of the ODA told the London Assembly on Wednesday that there was no evidence that blacklisting occurred on the Olympics and that Olympic contractors had given assurances that they were not involved in blacklisting.

Last week at the Scottish Affairs Select Committee, UCATT revealed how Sir Robert McAlpine the second biggest blacklister, had a spike in blacklisting activity from July-September 2008.

This coincided with large-scale recruitment on the Olympic Stadium, where Sir Robert McAlpine was the main contractor. During this time the company spent £12,839.20 on a total of 5,836 blacklist checks, an incredible 63 per day.

UCATT general secretary Steve Murphy said: “Assurances from blacklisters that they did nothing wrong are hollow. The ODA must demand firm proof that Sir Robert McAlpine was not involved in blacklisting on the Olympics.

“The ODA must demand that Sir Robert McAlpine tells them how and why their blacklisting activity increased when the stadium began to be built. This information must be in the public domain.”


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.
Author avatar

postcreative