We have an opening for a part time job based in Glasgow or London – please see details below, or download the job specifications. Contract Position: Project Assistant Support Services Overall Responsibility This is a requirement for Project Assistant s …
We have an opening for a part time job based in Glasgow or London – please see details below, or download the job specifications.
Contract Position: Project Assistant Support Services
This is a requirement for Project Assistant services primarily to support the Project Director but other team members where appropriate. The services can be provided in either Glasgow or London and will offer applicants an opportunity to contribute to development of project.
- Provide a full word processing service to the directors, ensuring that all work is well presented, error-free and speedily produced.
- Receive, sort and prioritise incoming post, replying to routine correspondence and queries, drafting and/or researching other items as appropriate and as directed.
- Set up and maintain filing, retrieval and bring-forward systems, in accordance with the directors’ requirements and ensuring that easy reference or retrieval can be made and that they have appropriate papers and information in advance of meetings.
- Help organise the directors’ communications, ensuring that an efficient and comprehensive message system is kept and that urgent matters are brought to their attention without delay.
- Organise and manage the directors’ diaries, making and prioritising appointments and meetings as appropriate.
- Assisting the project director in keeping the project financial records, preparing invoices, purchasing supplies etc.
- Maintaining the database of branch affiliations and processing direct debits.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the directors as requested.
- Providing executive support for Advisory Board members and other senior meetings.
- Good understanding of Facebook, Twitter and social media.
- Good numeracy skills and can understand and maintain simple financial accounts
- Good analytical skills, can research issues and identify alternative options for development
- Good writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Believes in the trade union movement and is committed to international solidarity. Some interest and knowledge of the international trade union movement would be desirable.
Hours of work
9am – 5pm or 10am – 6pm (or equivalent in ½ days)
2 days per week (could be 4 half days to suit) – some flexibility.
Payment for services: £10,000 until April 2013 (possibility of extension)
Services (i.e. self-employed) contract anticipated but we will consider any applicants who prefer to be employed.
Please send your CVs to email@example.com by 1pm on 8 August
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License.